Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wise-guy 5-year-old...




(Author's note: If for some reason you are reading this and don't know me or my family, we're about as white as it gets! That'll help understand the context of this post.)

Our son Joshua never ceases to amaze us with what comes out of his mouth. We have friends of many different races and nationalities. The following was a conversation that took place between our son Josh and a Korean friend of ours...

Josh: "Are you Chinese?"

Friend: "No, I'm Korean."

Josh: "You look Chinese."

Friend: "Well, I'm not, I'm Korean. Sometimes people make that mistake though."

Josh: "I think you're Chinese because you look Chinese. You must be Chinese!"

Friend: "Well, just because I look Chinese doesn't mean I am Chinese!"

Josh: "Oh. Well, I'm Chinese."

Friend: "No you're not."

Josh: "Yes I am. My mommy's Chinese, my daddy's Chinese, my sister's Chinese, and I'm Chinese."

Friend: "You don't look very Chinese."

Josh: "Just because I don't look Chinese doesn't mean I'm not Chinese."

End of conversation!